Spousal Support / Alimony

Spousal Support

You are entitled to Spousal Support (also known as Alimony), usually when the other party’s income is approximately 40% more than your income. Typically, if you were married 10 years or less, the other party will pay spousal support for one-half the term of the marriage. If you were married for 10 years or more, the other party can be ordered to pay spousal support for the rest of your life or until you re-marry.

In California, Spousal Support is determined by a program called Dissomaster as is child support. It is determined by your income, and the other party’s income. Every case is different and each situation will vary.

Spousal Support can be ordered and/or modified (changed lower/higher) by filing an Order To Show Cause.

For more information about spousal support and alimony please contact us today.

Affordable Legal Assistance – Serving California

Share by: